Recent Posts

Thursday, 22 October 2015

Shahid Kapoor � Was nervous to work with father

shahid

Shahid Kapoor, who will be seen for the first time alongside his father Pankaj Kapur in Vikas Bahl�s romantic comedy film �Shaandaar�, which released on the auspicious occasion of Dussehra on Thursday, says he was �very nervous� while sharing screen space with the veteran actor but later had �fun� shooting with him.
�I was very nervous to work with him but my dad is very kind. So he helped me feel more comfortable and after a couple of days we both had fun,� Shahid told IANS here.
�He doesn�t have any expectations. I hope I�ve lived up to Vikas� expectations because he is the person whom I�m trying to live up to in any way. With dad it was an honour to share screen space with him,� the 34-year-old added.
Asked whether he saw any hidden talent in her while working in �Shaandaar�, Shahid said: �Her talent is not hidden, it�s there for the world to see. She�s so talented and so good. She good this role by auditioning for it on her own merit. So, I�m very proud of her.�
�Shaandaar� also stars actress Alia Bhatt. The romantic comedy is Shahid�s first film after his marriage to city-based girl Mira Rajput in July.
The �Kaminey� actor said that he didn�t do �quirky� and �entertaining� love stories after �Jab We Met� because it was �rare to find content which is unique and fresh in this space.�
But with �Shaandaar�, he felt �all the characters were new and the world that he (Vikas) wanted to create of destination wedding was quite fairytalish.�
�It�s something which I�ve never experienced before in films. It�s a movie that is accessible to everybody,� he added.
Shahid also said that after doing a intense and dark film like �Haider�, �Shaandaar� was a perfect �change� for him.
�After having done a film like �Haider�, which is very intense and dark, it was the best and biggest possible change that I could make to go from a genre like �Haider� to a film like �Shaandaar�. I�ve a lot of faith in Vikas as a director. I feel he is extremely talented,� he said.
Talking more about �Shaandaar�, he said the film has been shot in different castles.
�It�s a destination wedding film. I remember a lot of my friends coming and telling me about some of really funny things which happened whenever they used to go for a destination wedding.
�It�s a very entertaining destination to be in whenever you are in a destination wedding scenario. It brings out all the quirk that can happen most in a situation like that.�
Is he keen about showing �Shaandaar� to his wife Mira?
�I shot �Shaandaar� before I got married. This is the first film of mine that Mira would be seeing. So I hope that she really likes it and hope that it comes out as a good one,� he added.
Inputs by IANS

0 comments:

Post a Comment